Are you part of a large group who would like to give back to your community? Volunteering as a group at the Frank Buck Zoo is great for churches, corporate team building, school administration/ teacher projects (18 & older), college project groups, etc.
The Frank Buck Zoo welcomes volunteer assistance for many projects that can only be performed by large groups. Our Group Volunteer Program offers groups an opportunity to earn a sense of pride by supporting our zoo and enriching the zoo experience for our guests. Our projects are designed to give your group a team-building opportunity while supporting conservation and our animals.
Our group volunteer projects may include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to yard-work, gardening, cleaning, painting, craft preparation, helping with special event preparations, creating animal enrichment, and assisting our operations staff with building projects. Your project is chosen based on your date selection, your group size, and the zoo’s needs at the time.
- We require at least 2 weeks’ notice to schedule a project. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We can accommodate groups from 3-30 participants. Please be aware that we may need to separate your group into smaller groups for some projects.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. For safety, children cannot accompany adults.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver of liability and provide an emergency contact number.
- School groups are required to provide contact information for their faculty advisor.
- All participants must arrive at the designated time and stay with the group for the duration of the shift. We cannot accommodate late-comers or individuals leaving early, as the work is usually behind the scenes.
- All participants should dress for the weather in clothing that can get dirty. Shoes must be closed-toe with a back and have good traction. Clothing cannot depict anything that is offensive.
- To sign-up, please register your group in the form below.
- When we receive your registration, we will send you a general confirmation email to confirm the date, time, and general information. After our staff have selected your project, you’ll receive a second confirmation to help you plan for your experience.
- We cannot accommodate group projects on Oct 30 – 31. Instead, please consider registering as a candy table sponsor for Zoo Boo on our Special Events page.
- Please fill out your Group Volunteer Application & contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.