Gainesville, TX


When and where does the City Council meet?

The City Council meets at 6:30 pm on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at City Hall located on 200 S. Rusk St.  Agendas for meetings can be found here.

How can I request city records?

Because the Texas Public Information Act is only activated by a written request for documents, all requests for copies of City records must be in writing. Requests for public information can be made through the City Secretary's Office.  To learn more about methods to submit your request, click here.

The Texas Public Information Act does not require governmental bodies to create new information, perform legal research, or to answer questions. The request must ask for records or information already in existence. The City of Gainesville will not comply with a standing request for information to be collected or prepared in the future. Please be advised that there is a charge for copies of public information in accordance with state law.

What day is my trash picked up?

Trash is serviced on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday depending on your address. Please contact 668-4551 for your service day.  Click here for more information on residential cart refuse service.

How do I contact a city department?

Use our Staff Directory to view department contact information.

Can I burn trash or tree limbs on my property?

Limited outdoor burning may be conducted under strict guidelines with a permit. Contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at (940) 668-7777 for further information.