The services provided by the Streets Division include repair of streets including potholes, utility cut repairs, curb repairs and tree limbs that have fallen into the streets.
This division, responds to emergencies and weather related events as needed to ensure safe conditions for residents. They barricade, sand streets, sandbag, and clean storm damage during inclement weather.
Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) maintains California, Grand, Highway 82 and the service roads. Please call (940) 665-5312 to report any problems at these locations or Click here.
The City of Gainesville will be conducting a mill and overlay program on several streets beginning on Monday September 19, 2022. The work will be done by Sunmount Paving at a cost of $2,012,340. The following is a tentative schedule of all of the streets involved with the project:
- Morningside Dr. between S. Howeth St. and Line Dr. Sep. 19, 2022 to Oct. 13, 2022.
- Locust St. between Harris St. and Jean St. Sep. 19, 2022 to Oct. 17, 2022.
- Maplewood Dr. between Rosedale Dr. and Aspen Dr. Sep. 23, 2022 to Oct 17, 2022.
- Cypress Ct. to Rosedale Dr. Sep. 29, to Oct. 19, 2022.
- Aspen Rd. between Maplewood Dr. and Summa St. Oct. 3, 2022 to Nov. 17, 2022.
- Greenbiar Ct. East of Aspen Rd. Oct. 22 to Nov. 30, 2022.
- Everglade Ct. East of Aspen Rd. Nov. 3, 2022 to Dec. 21, 2022.
- Fox Hollow & Quail Run to Bonner Rd. Dec. 8, 2022 and Jan. 9, 2023.
- Dove Lane to Bonner Rd. Jan. 3, 2023 to Jan. 10, 2023.
- Bonner Rd. from Cooke County Line to Quail Run. Jan. 12, 2023 to Feb. 1, 2023.
- Bonner Rd. between Quail Run and W. California St. (FM 51) Feb. 2, 2023 to Feb. 24, 2023.
During the time of construction in your area, we ask that you do not park on the street as this will hinder the construction process. Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve our streets.
View the Contractor's Schedule (PDF)
Street and Traffic Signs
The street division maintains the street and traffic signs for the city street system.
Street and traffic signs are installed in accordance with National Standards for such traffic control devices.
Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) maintains signs located on California, Grand, Highway 82 and the service roads. Please call (940) 665-5312 to report any sign issues at these locations or Click here.
Signals and Streetlights
The following school zone flashers are maintained by the City of Gainesville:
- Gainesville Middle School located at 1201 Lindsay
- Saint Mary’s School located at 931 N. Weaver
Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) maintains the remaining school zone flashers. Please call (940) 665-5312 to report any issues at these locations.
The following blinking red lights are maintained by the City of Gainesville:
- W. Broadway at Culberson
- W. Broadway at Dixon
- W. Broadway at Commerce
Street Light Outages
To report street light outages contact Oncor Electric at (888) 313-4747 or Click here. Street lights are owned and maintained by Oncor Electric.
To report any problem during normal working hours for street issues call the Public Works Department, Streets Division at (940) 668-4540.
For after hour emergencies, contact the Gainesville Police Department at (940) 668-7777 and the request will be forwarded to our standby personnel.